Buckeye Partners, L.P., its Board of Directors and IFM maintain an ongoing commitment to implementing strong and transparent corporate governance principles to support long-term value creation and ethical business operations. These efforts are underscored by our Business Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct
Our Business Code of Conduct provides a guide for all our employees to understand their responsibility for maintaining a high standard of behavior, providing guidance on ethical behavior when dealing with fellow employees and external stakeholders, and recognizing and reporting potential violations.
business Code of conduct highlights:
- Obey the applicable laws and regulations governing our business conduct
- Be honest, fair, and trustworthy in all Buckeye activities and relationships.
- Strive to protect the environment and create a safe workplace
- Avoid all conflicts of interest between work and personal affairs
- Through leadership at all levels, sustain a culture where ethical conduct is recognized, valued, and exemplified by all employees, and where the reporting of any illegal or unethical behavior is encouraged
Questions regarding proper conduct are addressed anonymously through our Compliance Hotlines or through the compliance website.
Detailed information on our Business Code of Conduct can be found here.
Foreign Corrupt Practices
We consider integrity one of our core business values and demand the same dedication with all of those with whom we do business. Buckeye works under a strict Business Code of Conduct that governs how we conduct our affairs. The direct or indirect offer, payment, solicitation, or acceptance of bribes in any form are unacceptable. U.S. firms seeking to do business in foreign markets must be familiar with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). In general, the FCPA prohibits corrupt payments to foreign officials.
We require all of our business partners to acknowledge their understanding and compliance with all applicable anti-corruption laws as they relate to Buckeye’s business.